Fluid Bed Dryers & Coolers
In conjunction with Carrier, iBulk offers internationally renowned drying and cooling technology. Utilising fluidisation, a condition in which solid particles are placed in a state akin to that of a fluid, offers an effective and consistent drying and cooling environment is achieved. This in turn will result in a uniform end product.
The effectiveness of a standard dryer is evidenced by the fact that it typically uses 30-40% less fuel than a rotary dryer.
- Efficient heat transfer with low energy consumption.
- Product is continually mixed to promote uniformity
- Fragile products can be handled with negligible particle degradation.
- No moving parts in contact with the product. Maintenance and abrasive wear are minimised and equipment is easily cleaned.
- Product retention times and gas temperatures are easily adjusted to vary the finished product condition.
- Fluid beds can be multifunctional. Drying, cooling, classifying and calcining can be done in one unit.
- Lower fluidising velocities are required, making the system more energy efficient.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Recirculated gas and closed-loop systems available for improved efficiency or solvent recovery.
- Clean-in-place and fire suppression systems available where necessary.
- Carrier’s patented Delta-Phase® Drive option permits on-line adjustment of angle of vibration and precise retention time control.
- Sanitary construction available.
Applications and Industries
Vibrating Fluid Beds are mainly used in the following industries:
The applications that this product is used in include:
- Calcining and
Fluid Bed Dryer / Cooler installations are infinitely variable and are tailored to meet your requirements.
In addition to a standard dryer / cooler the air can be recirculated to provide an additional energy saving of 10-15% a reduction of the amount of air exhausted to atmosphere by up to 50%.
Furthermore, the addition of a multi-point predictive control system can place controllability and customisation at your finger tips.